Sunday, February 11, 2007

Teaching

I've been super busy for a few days working out a plan to take on some students for tutoring. I still don't know how many and the exact schedule, but I'm pretty well past the biggest hurdles. It will be nice to have some new kids to teach and also to work with a few other teachers.

My latest bout of joint problems cleared up nicely on prednisone, but the doctor flatly refuses to prescribe it long term. So, once again, I'm off to a new rheumatologist to see if there is a new magic rabbits to pull out of the hat. I do have some hope that a more experienced person might be willing to experiment with low doses of the prednisone. Also, my own doctor has talked with the new woman and made it clear that I'm to receive no lectures on weight loss. They gave me the number and name for the nurse so that I can talk out my expectations ahead of the visit.

I've been thinking about what I want to do most, knit socks, walk the dog and kids, shop till I drop, go to Bandera and ride horses. The possibilities of a normal life...... I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but darn.

1 comment:

PJ said...

WOO-HOO! What a great idea- I look forward to hearing more about it!